It is a fact that new construction projects are expensive. For the budget conscious, builders often recommend a renovation or retrofit to the existing structure. Not only does this bring down costs, but also boosts the energy efficiency of the building, particularly when the right material is used. Intastor’s EPS insulated modular panels offer the perfect cost-effective solution, both for new construction projects as well as for retrofits.
Besides saving costs, it improves the efficiency and enhances the sustainability of the retrofit. Intastor’s modular insulated panels also offers other advantages over traditional construction material. They are:
- Suitability for a variety of applications including commercial and residential projects, schools, kitchens, warehouses, and low cost housing.
- Green building construction, a crucial factor today, helping eco-conscious builders reduce their carbon footprint.
- Thermally efficient construction.
- Moisture and weather resistance, making it mould and pest resistant, which are critical in hygiene-intensive applications such as cold storage, in the food, pharmaceutical and agricultural industry.
- Unique tongue-and-groove fit, which makes retrofitting over existing structures a simple task, since all panels are made to customer specifications and delivered to the site, ready to install.
- The panels can be manufactured in a variety of sizes and thicknesses to suit specific applications, for roofing, walls and floors.
- A tight building envelope, as the EPS insulation seals wall spaces, preventing heat transfer and moisture, ensuring energy savings.
- A range of textures and finishes to match the building’s aesthetics.
- Easy maintenance, since the panels can be wiped clean with soap water, to remove dust.
- Better soundproofing, since the building is airtight.
- Compatibility with all types of frameworks and the flexibility of the panels makes it possible to achieve the R value and strength needed, without compromising on durability.
- EPS’s breathability increases savings, doing away with the need to make costly venting arrangements.
Even in instances where thicker panels are required to achieve higher thermal resistance or R value, it is still more economical to retrofit rather than go in for replacement.
Energy retrofits usually start with a thorough assessment of the building. As mentioned earlier, Intastor EPS insulated modular panels can be installed over all types of framework, and this invariably increases the thickness of the surface, with the addition of the panel’s thickness over the wall, roofing or floor that is being retrofitted.
Two of the top ways to increase energy efficiency are:
- Adding insulation, and
- Fixing all air leakages.
Considering that energy costs are continuously on the rise, it makes sense to explore boosting the energy efficiency of existing structures with Intastor’s modular EPS panels. Our panels can be easily fitted over the existing sheathing and fully sealed to make the building airtight.
There is no doubt that, compared to the new project cost of constructing a building and insulating it, an energy retrofit would only amount to a small percentage of the cost.
Intastor’s EPS insulated panels are manufactured in-house to strict quality standards and can be used to renovate any existing structure to increase its energy efficiency, as per green building standards, and ensure that it is just as airtight as a brand new building, all at an extremely economic cost.
For more information about how our insulated panels can save you money while increasing your building’s energy efficiency, please get in touch with us. We can offer you solutions with customized panels for exterior and interior walls and roofing, and flooring applications.