As Africa’s leading manufacturer of insulated modular panel structures, Intastor’s on-going and completed projects span a wide range of industries and applications across the continent.
As a prestigious iMvula group company, we design, manufacture and install our own insulated modular panels, insulated roofing panel systems, insulated modular wall panels and expanded polystyrene insulation at our manufacturing facility following stringent quality control standards. These are used in our projects to create clean rooms, pack houses and wine cellars, controlled atmosphere storage facilities, cold room facilities, cold room repair, insulated rooms, prefabricated buildings and low cost housing. Please visit our Services page for more information.
Presently, Intastor is providing modular insulated structures, panels and components for the construction of class rooms, offices, customs and police force border units, crèches, dormitories, ablutions, clinics retirement villages, community places of worship and mining camp infrastructure.
Additional uses outside of South Africa include military barracks and agricultural sector accommodation and ablution facilities. Steel-clad modular sandwich panels have already exceeded 40 years of operational use within the cold storage sector in SA with little maintenance and this proves the durability of Intastor’s products which provide creative solutions to minimise the housing shortfall in South Africa.
The Delft Project: Exceeding client expectations with high quality, low cost accommodation
Intastor has invested in its core technologies to develop and deliver alternative accommodation structures from its experience in providing commercial structures within the insulated cold storage industry. Backed by a fully dedicated team, Intastor has leveraged its existing facilities to find sustainable solutions to meet part of the country’s need for alternative affordable accommodation.
The structurally sound accommodations are energy-efficient with reduced heating costs in winter, coolness of the units in summer, easy to maintain as the slight elevation of the unit from the ground prevents dust, debris and water entry.
Local empowerment was possible by using work teams from the local community and training them on site and a record eight units in flat pack kits that were ready for installation were delivered within two hours of factory manufacture.
Here is a partial list of our existing projects which covers a diverse range of clients with unique applications for insulated panels. Please contact us for more information.
- Albrecht Machinery (Rustenberg Chickens) – Various New Gyro Freezers
- Alfalfa Melkery – Laminated panels
- Atlas Staal – Various packhouses and wine cellars
- Bidvest Food Services – Seaworld Polokwane
- Booysens Refrigeration – Supply of new dairy facility
- Cape Oil and Margarine – Offices and training room
- Ceres Koelkamers – CA Rooms Ceres
- Checkers Kloof Street/Dekon – Various
- Chilleweni Cold Storage – Low Temperature Cold Storage Facility
- Coldharvest – Controlled atmosphere storage facility
- Commercial Cold Storage – Low temperature cold storage facility
- CSV Contruction – Insulated flooring system
- Die Erf – Coldrooms
- Digistics – New low temperature storage facility
- Doornkraal Boerdery – CA Rooms Ceres
- Excellent Meat Corporation – Additions and extentions
- GHV – CA Rooms Ceres
- Golden Harvest – Refurbishment of existing facility
- Gordon Sweats – Clean room
- Gordonia Refrigeration (DDD Farms) – Coldroom facility
- Granbuild (Shoprite Ottery) – Coldroom facility
- Grassroots – Drying tunnels and new production facility
- Greener Pastures – Supply of insulated panels
- Hot Favourites – Alterations to food factory
- Imvula Quality Protection – Security houses for Telkom
- Kings Refrigeration Namibia – Supply of insulated panels
- Klipheuwel School – new prefab classrooms
- Kromco – Regular atmosphere stores
- Lebombo Cape – Various
- Longworth and Faul (Pick n Pay Riverside) – Bakery combination room and liquor store
- Longworth and Faul (Shoprite Bellville) – Butchery, bakery, deli and liquor store
- Mass Discounters/Masstores – Insulation
- Meatco Namibia – Factory alterations
- Merlog Foods – Durban
- Mitchells Plain Hospital – Kitchen coldrooms and medical waste facility
- Namspace – NDF barracks and housing
- One Up Cash and Carry – Retail coldrooms and freezer
- Orange River Citrus
- Parow Call Centre (NMC) – Cladding
- Pascon Investments/Windmeul Eiers
- Pick ‘n Pay/GVK Siya Zama Building – Longbeach Mall
- Polarcap Refrigeration – McDonalds Stores
- Prime Poultry Projects – Supply of high density polystyrene panels for chicken houses
- Principle Partners Trust – Insulated rooms
- Robert Bollman – Chocolate factory
- Rustenberg Chickens (Vector Logistics) – Low temperature and distribution facility
- Shoprite Checkers – Port Elizabeth
- Shoprite Grand Towers Nigeria – Cold storage facility
- Spazatainer – Clinics
- Streamline Dairies – Insulation of dairy facility and new offices
- Supreme Halaal Meats – New processing facility and offices
- Take Note – Freezer facility
- TF Design – Wood drying kiln door modifications
- The Cool Baker – Blast freezer
- Tiffany Construction – Food processing facility for Woolworths
- Tomi’s Abattoir – Abattoir insulation
- Tradouw Fruit – Packshed Insulation
- Tydstroom Poultry – Chicken Houses
- Usave – Butchery/bakery combination rooms
We are proud of our track record of providing innovative insulated panel solutions for a wide range of applications including controlled atmosphere rooms, preparation rooms, loading areas, smoking tunnels, packing stores, chicken houses, drying chambers, roof sheeting and ceiling insulation, low cost housing, schools and classrooms, offices, site accommodation and ablution facilities and much more.
Besides manufacturing insulated panels we also design and build specialist energy efficient, climate controlled, and sterile environments for extensive commercial, residential and industrial applications.
To complete your project on time, within budget and to your specifications, and for all your insulated panel needs, contact us to schedule a discussion.